miércoles, 7 de octubre de 2009

Jeg kan ikke snakke norsk!

After 2 months of living in Oslo, the only conversation in Norwegian I have is with the KIWI cashier:


  • Hei!

  • Hei!

  • Pose?

  • Nei, takk.

  • åttisju kroner.

I give her a 50 kr bill and I put two 20 kr coins in the machine. The machine returns to me 3 kr.



  • kvittering?

  • Ja. Takk.

  • Ha det!

Is not a long and interesting conversation but it's the best I can do for now. I hope at the end of the semester my norwegian-language skills improve...because now norskkurs is like a twice a week torture!

By the way, you should know that in Norway there are 2 official languages: Nynorsk and Bokmål; I am learning the last one. They are really similar but still it makes things more difficult to foreign people. Maybe later I will post something about this.

....and temperature keeps going down!

Aparte de mis extensas conversaciones con la cajera o cajero del KIWI, también me he atrevido a pedir un café en noruego (Jeg vil en Kaffe, takk) y el otro día en el probador de Cubus también hice uso de mis conocimientos (Fire?..Ja, takk), pero fuera de esos episodios debo decir que mis intentos por hablar el idioma vikingo no han dado muy buenos resultados, aunque claro que siempre puedo recurrir a la muy útil oración: Jeg kan ikke snakke norsk!.

For those people that have never heard norwegian before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNk26SgcXo0&feature=related

Vi ses! Mariana

1 comentario:

  1. I think you should be proud of what you've done! When I was in Norway I asked my boyfriend how to say certain things and practised them like mad in my head. But then all of my new phrases went out the window, because as soon as I said "hei" they knew I was foreign and so spoke to me only in English. The fact that they continue in Norwegian with you is a good sign!

    Si sigues con motivación, ya verás: llegarás a dominar el idioma! :)

    Lykke til med norskkursen din og livet ditt i vakkert Norge!

    Sophie
    (ikkenorskgirl.wordpress.com)

    ResponderEliminar